Monday, March 31, 2014

The Hawks

Matt and I witnessed over 50 some hawks flying en mass above my house last evening. It was if all the the hawks in the city decided to rally right before us--circling in speechless waves. Neither of us had ever seen anything like it, and chances are it was a one time view. Matt said that it was as if they were having some spiritual gathering up there. To see it was like witnessing a hundred sunsets. Within 20 minutes they were gone, nary a sound carried from their black beaks. I couldn't help but think they were ushering in a new season--one mild and peaceful and heartfelt after the longer season of cold. I couldn't help but sense it as a sign of my present and future with Matt, that our coming together was written in the sky, and it is a sweet, sweet thing to marvel.

No comments:

Post a Comment