Wednesday, November 19, 2014

This Guy...

It's been a year today since my first date with Matt. With the encouragement of my mom and some friends, I had signed up on Match.com with the only intention of getting out of the house on a few dates. I signed up on a Saturday night and finished up my profile the next morning. That's when I came across Matt's profile on there and I sent him an email. And another. And another. (I had forgotten to mention a few things in my first emails--and faux pas aside, I wouldn't date someone anyway who wasn't keen on my words and followed the rules of dating conventions. Plus I have things to say, and I can be impatient...) And anyway, I hadn't scared him off as that night we ended up texting each other for over 3 hours. The next day our texting marathon continued and by the third day we were both downright giddy to have our first date. We met up at a restaurant downtown and when he saw me I saw his eyes widen. He was clumsy and nervous throughout dinner, but as we talked he softened. And I bet that nervousness wasn't nerves but a kind of awe, as ever since that night we have maintained that kind of awestruck feeling for one another. I love his face. His brow line. His laugh. I love his kind heart and his thoughtful mind. Really no words can suffice for the gratitude and reverence in my heart. This man amazes me.








No comments:

Post a Comment