Friday, September 27, 2013

My Excuse

My friend Emily bought me a ticket for my birthday to see Iron & Wine at Hoyt Sherman theater on Wednesday night. It was a late night and an even earlier morning, followed by a bushwacking day of being the parent helper in my daughter's preschool class and running the kids around (I feel like I spend much of my day driving now that they're both in school). The show was fantastic--he brought an orchestra along for the occasion and every last one of them appeared to be having a grand time up on stage. I couldn't stop watching the trumpet player--so tall and lanky and so into the music as he grooved on stage for 2 hours. So this is my excuse for not posting yesterday...
 The whole shebang.
 Ladies room break in the gorgeous theater. We were shooting for serious and I failed.
 After the show at Carl's Place, where Emily and I always pretend to be pool sharks.
 Pre-show in the garden where we ran into Tim--the garden guru and my friend I keep mentioning in posts. So now you have a face to connect to the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment