Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Weather Forecast

You know what my problem is? I think too much about the unknown. It's 5:30 am and I'm sitting on the patio--the locusts are unceasing, the clouds tinted orange from street lights and I just felt a sprinkle. I immediately grabbed my smart phone to check the weather forecast, but I stopped myself. I laughed at myself for the ridiculousness of not waiting to see what the sky delivered on its own time. What does it matter really to look up the current temperature, to see the weather radar (my job doesn't hinge on the weather), when all I need to do is feel it for myself, to wait and watch for things to occur. It's a small, simple example of a greater issue--I need to let things flow naturally, absorbing and learning what I need to as it comes. What am I missing out on by trying to rush an experience, by trying to see too far ahead, by being impatient? I'm missing out on being wholly present. It will rain or it won't rain, it will rain all day or just a few hours. I need to take it as it comes and just be here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment