Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Love

I haven't had a whole lot to say lately because I'm not wrestling with questions. My heart is full. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. It feels like my whole chest is smiling and peaceful. So I am giving in to this euphoria, held like the moonlight in a clearing of woods. That place on top of the hills you drive by and imagine pulling over and running up to. I am a fire on a beach. I am the smell of pine trees. The sun and moon and breeze on a face. A creek you walk along. Simply profound things that silences tongues, leaving nothing at all to say but love. And even that word doesn't seem to gather all the breath in you. But I don't want to think too hard about another word, I just want to be here in it. So here's to each and every one of you, here's to the world--I send love.

1 comment: