Tuesday, January 14, 2014

To Be

I've been awake since 4 a.m. and haven't done much of anything. Nothing but some reading, thinking, lounging, staring out the window, and reiki. On Saturday I drove to Iowa City to attend the Reiki level 2 class and ever since I have been the face of calm and contentment. One lesson imbedded in all of our discussions that day is that of TRUST. You just have to trust that you're doing things right--you have to believe in yourself. That is so long as your heart is full of compassion, that your aim is to do no harm. If you practice loving kindness, shouldn't that be enough? That's what I'm telling myself after spending 3 hours of my day not doing, but rather just being. But you know what, it got me thinking this--you don't have to do extraordinary things to be extraordinary. You don't always have to be doing a lot to feel a lot (to feel a sense of wholeness and richness). Travel and grand times and experiences are great, but it isn't a viable option all the time, so to put all of your stock in these moments as the source for pleasure is a disservice to life. They should be felt as a bonus. The key is to be as content with being as with doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment