Monday, January 6, 2014

Stay Warm, Stay Sane

I usually like absurdity, be it comedic or artistic or of the natural sort. I like a windy day, a preposterous breeze that seems unceasing--the kind of wind that people try to fight against. You'll find me with my face to the sky and my arms wide letting it wash through me. Giving in to the feel of it, embracing the sheer force of mother nature. But the cold arctic blast around these parts and across the Midwest today is beyond absurd. I won't be venturing out there to feel the whole of it. I'll be here. Inside. With the kids for the 12th straight day alone as their dad has been on vacation in Oregon with his girlfriend. My mind hasn't had a break in days. But fear not kids! I spent some time this morning reading and looking up various brain training exercises so that I can give my mind a good stretch, even if the mad temps out there have me wanting to curl up into a ball. Here's a site I found that has lots of free games and exercises to keep your brain moving...http://www.brainmetrix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment