Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A State Of Praise

Lately I've been feeling like a buffalo--in the sense that I feel abundance and gratitude. The Plains Indians believed the buffalo to be the most sacred of animals--it was the major source of sustenance and yet it did not readily stampede and run from hunters. As if it desired to give the gifts that its body provided. For this reason the Plains Indians likened the buffalo as a kind of prayer--praise for the richness of life, for harmony, and gratefulness for what was received. I am not running scared, rather I feel utter contentment and honored to be on this pathway. For over a year I had been living in hyper-speed--so many trials and changes and opportunities for growth. I had so much longing! I realize now I was searching for a place to rest my heart. And now--now it's come to find a home and it is peaceful. I've found a place to rest, to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment