Monday, December 23, 2013

Live

A curious thing has been happening lately every time I send a text message--when I intend to type love the word live is what appears. I live Thai food. I live the snowfall. I live you. I'm thinking it's no mistake. Because what is a life without love. Isn't everything we do in the name of some kind of love? Peel back all the layers of a day--reason and intent ultimately draw a line to it. All our work and bills and errands, though seemingly mundane and a necessity without attachment to the heart--isn't the driving factor to support the ones we love? Just how much doesn't matter; it's still the same thought. And don't we live what we love when these people and things and places take up residence in our hearts? So these words are interchangeable. To live to love to love to live. And personally, I like the image and feeling that stirs in me when I say 'live'. I live the world. I live a good fire and a glass of wine and conversation with a friend. The word resounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment