Monday, August 12, 2013

A Poem On a Monday and a Recap

So I was away from a computer over the weekend, which will happen from time to time. The point being--I can't always post daily on here. But here's a recap of the weekend...
 I took the kids to the Iowa State Fair last Friday, where we saw lots of big things and some tiny ones too. Interesting how size garners such attention and mystique.
 Just dragging this gigantic pumpkin around.
 They insisted on a few rides, this being their favorite.
 No better way to cool off than with a hot beef sundae! 
 Went for a run and paused to stretch here, thinking how these arches looked like rib cages, still and silent as bone.
 My current audience to witness my accordion playing.
Oh yeah, I did a lot of this over the weekend--practiced for hours and still with hardly any sense of what the heck I'm doing. But I vow to master it and then I will take over the world!

Pablo Neruda is one of the most passionate poets I have ever read. To honor my new passion today's poem is one of his beauties. Here it lies...


No comments:

Post a Comment