Thursday, August 22, 2013

In A Moment

Yesterday the kids were tyrants, testing every last brain cell of mine. There must be a secret code among kids--every time mine can clearly see they've crossed the line of my patience they never fail to toss in the sweetest remarks as if to dispel the trouble they've caused. Phoenix's famous line when she can see I'm at my wits end is "I love you in the whole world." And Fisher tells me I'm the best mom ever and that I'm a sweetie. Dammit it if it doesn't soften me right then and there. More than money or toys or anything kids just want your time, and we spend a lot of time together coming up with cheap thrills. A revolving door in a downtown building while we wait for our food order to go have a picnic--heck yeah:
It's just a moment of fun, but it was probably the highlight of their day. I like coming up with spaces and objects that amaze. After I finally got them in bed last night I talked for a long while with my friend Jessica and decided we're both in need of a good person-to-person-heart-to-heart. And so I blurted out that I'd head up to Madison this weekend to see her. I need a good friend that bad! So that's where I'm off to--following a serendipitous moment. Have a nice weekend ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment