Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Struggles

If my words are light these days it's because I'm spending some time going deeper. Way in and questioning what things mean. When it comes to struggles I'm finding that the easier it is to face means it is the right answer for now and it won't lead to much change. But the harder the struggle, the bigger the pay off ahead. It means what your hurdling will lead to greater reward and awareness and change. It's more difficult to face because the end result doesn't happen right away and we're left in a state of wonder, which isn't comfortable or easy. So my struggle is to feel confident and secure with wonder and just go with it, to trust that it will lead me to contentment and a greater sense of self. And why shouldn't we trust our hearts?

Speaking of hearts, I love the idle, open, and seeking heart of my friend Nicole Helget. She has a way of cutting to the core of what matters, forget all the fluff and second guessing. I'm so glad the kids and I stopped to see her and Nate and their brood last week--it's exactly what I needed. She too has a blog where she recapped our visit and you can check it out and follow her here: http://nicolehelget.blogspot.com/2013/08/bird-nests-and-friends.html

No comments:

Post a Comment