Thursday, July 25, 2013

On Timing

I didn't post anything here yesterday because I was in a funk. It didn't feel right to string together words and ideas from that place--I didn't want to share that state of mind. All day I tried to meditate, to see the beauty in things, to let the negativity go. I needed to process and feel it and release it. And last night I happened across my buddy Tim (the nomadic gardener guru I wrote about on Tuesday) and I was telling him about my funk-riddled day. How I was questioning my belief in giving away what you most need because it seemed the universe wasn't sending it back. And he said this--it isn't the right time. Just because you think you're ready or open doesn't mean what you think you want or need will happen right then. Maybe you're meant to have other experiences first, maybe there are other things you need to learn. And the best we can do is to be at peace with the moment in front of us. To be liquid and malleable to the present with the belief that this is the right thing, for now. My lesson in all of this is to work on my patience, to know that things will occur when they're meant to so in the meantime just be open and find the joy and the lesson in what is happening now.

No comments:

Post a Comment