Saturday, July 20, 2013

Randoms

I was watching a robin stand there in one spot on the ground for a long while. Because I didn't move and no other animals moved it didn't have to move. I wondered how long it would actually stand there if the world would let it. Maybe all the birds just want a place in the world where they don't have to take flight. And how would our lives be different if we didn't have to continually react and make do with the intrusion of others? Maybe the world happens twice--one part intention and one part necessity (our lives forever converging with the whims of others). I've had a lot of serendipitous exchanges with new faces lately, which truly makes life richer and more expansive. To meet people and exchange ideas is to grow in ways you never thought of before. It builds new intentions, makes us question what we always believed was right. Because do we really know what is good for us if it isn't challenged? So while it is nice to just sit and be sometimes, I welcome the intrusion of the world.

You know how when you see a scene of beauty--the mountains or a prairie--and it's marred by things like cell phone towers and electrical wires? At first it seems an intrusion on the landscape, but perhaps it is even more beautiful to the mind that questions why these things would be placed there. Is it held stronger in the mind that sees the potential of what it could be?

I like the intrusion of wasps and bees and anything that makes me go from a perfectly calm state to a frenzied one in the flash of a second, making me feel utterly ridiculous to be jumping up and twitching my hands and twisting to avoid the strike of something so tiny. Anything to jolt me and make me laugh at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment