Friday, October 11, 2013

3rd Trip Around the Sun

Phoenix Irene Lord was born 3 years ago today after a drug free and fairly easy delivery where I pushed her out in a mere 9 minutes. Even in her first week of life people remarked at how wide and bright-eyed she was, her stare cuts straight to your heart. She was ready for the world but I'm not sure the world is ready for her--as lively and funny and beautiful and friendly as she is. She's a force. She's sunshine. She's ornery as hell. Words and photographs don't touch the surface of the vivid flair she brings to the world. But here's a try...
 First day in the open air.
 First visit from her big brother. He was sweet with her from the beginning.
 She refused to cross the threshold of a new year alone so Fisher accompanied. 
 The other day while driving and listening to music Phoenix told me she wanted to be a drummer. I'm a believer in supporting their passions.
 There she goes. Couldn't she aspire to play air guitar or something? Of course not. 
 3 fingers!
 Bright eyes...
and a bright smile. That's my girl. Happy birthday sweet Phoenix! I love you in the whole world (that's her favorite phrase).

No comments:

Post a Comment