Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Poem, Pics, and Places

I feel like I barely had a moment to breathe this weekend because I gave my mind over to completing things. I painted the kitchen ceiling, put together a dresser, cleaned and organized every closet in the house, found a box spring and frame for Phoenix, found furniture, listed items on craigslist, attended a couple of parties, took my friend Tim out for a going away brunch, and did a whole lot of downsizing of things all in the span of a couple of days. I stayed up late and I cranked up the music. I have results...
 The neighbor kids had a Halloween party on Saturday. Bigfoot was quite pleased with his apple bobbing technique.
 This particular unicorn preferred the candy corn.
 Just starting in on building the dresser I picked up for Phoenix's room.
 Complete. (I won't mention the struggle of carrying the box into the house by myself or the pain in my back and neck and fingers from straining and hammering and screwing pieces...well I guess I just did).
 Tim is on his way to Las Vegas and then eventually Hawaii. The kids and I took him to brunch at Tacopocolypse on Sunday. It was the first time they met him and they warmed to him within minutes. I'm going to miss our talks, miss his wisdom. I'm thankful to have met him and become friends.
These hands of mine have been constructive. I ordered this sofa off of amazon and put the whole thing together last week (it came in boxes and pieces without even the back attached). Things are happening here on Ronwood Dr. 

All of my labor of late reminds me of a poem by Billy Collins, titled Splitting WoodIt's good stuff and you can read it here... (be sure to read the second page as well--it's a longer one).

No comments:

Post a Comment