Wednesday, October 30, 2013

To Wait

I can hear some critter in my basil plant--every so often there's the faintest sound like a raindrop on a petal that gives it away. It has no plans to go anywhere. It is alive fully in whatever it is that it's doing. In a word, it is patiently absolute. I am of the mind that once you decide something you go for it, and thus there is no second guessing and therefor no need to wait. But the world isn't always on the same time frame is it. Sometimes we have to wait...and wait...and wait. While my thoughts are absolute, I lack the heart for patience. But if I have no choice in the matter at times, it begs the question--who is in control of our lives? If we let the whims of time dominate our lives we might occasionally get lucky, but most often we'll feel stuck and frustrated and powerless. This is what I'm learning these days--it is better to let the moment and my current place therein dominate. Yes we have to look ahead but we can't live there. We can hope and decide but we can't put all of our stock in time frames. To be patiently absolute is to be in control.

1 comment: