Saturday, October 5, 2013

Taking Over

Since my surgery and subsequent reliance on crutches to keep off my right foot, I've noticed aches and pains in other areas of my body. Specifically my neck, shoulders, and left knee--they hurt...a lot. But it reminds me how when one part of something is out of commission, other areas immediately take over. We may never be whole but we are always shifting and making adjustments to try to get there. It is a remarkable thing isn't it--to think that our bodies instinctively chase alternate easements and never give up (unless of course outnumbered). When something fails, another thing quickly falls in line to replace it. It's a good and simple metaphor for life--don't discourage. If what you aim for doesn't happen, of course something else will. There is no other way! I'm feeling the truth of that as I readjust to my new mode of getting around. And when I heal my body will quite simply adjust again. And I will not get in the way of life unfolding...

No comments:

Post a Comment