Sunday, June 2, 2013

Buzz Under the Stars--Kansas City

 We had such a fantastic time at the show yesterday--8 full hours of music. Here's a pic of me and Shelby when we first arrived. 
 From left: Shelby, Maddy, Talia, me
 Taking a break between sets. 
Here's the Lumineers in all their glory. I love when you can tell when people love what they do and these folks clearly did. The sound was perfect--one could hardly distinguish between hearing them live and hearing them on the radio. What excites me about live music is feeling the noise reverberate through my chest and being completely held in that moment along with thousands of other people. Music can create community-mindedness like nothing else can. Imagine if countries held music festivals before considering war...

It was an eclectic mix of people, scanning every age from newborns to 70 year olds. And I was struck by the complete awkwardness of teenagers. They are strange creatures aren't they? The way they stand and fidget, looking around to see if they are noticed--all pimply and self conscious. Of course everyone endures those awful times. I just wanted to give each of them a hug and tell them to own their voice, to not care about the opinions of their peers. It is true that youth is wasted on the young!

No comments:

Post a Comment