Sunday, June 9, 2013

How To Recover From a Bachelorette Party

I spent my Saturday and Sunday with these lovely ladies in Kansas City (yes, my second Sat. in a row there) for Miss Kelly Conklin's bachelorette party. Here we are fueling up for the long night ahead...
Then we took back the streets. Because of the occasion I can't go into details, but I will say this--there may or may not have been several pre-party hours in a hotel with lots of delicacies shaped like a familiar male member as well as vodka infused gummies, followed by taxis, clown cars, drag shows, dancing, bull rides, and fun and games with a guy named Peter. And I can say with certainty that the sweet and sultry bride-to-be had a bang up of a night. Love you Kelly!

So after the late night and long drive home I knew the only way I could recover was several glasses of lemon oil infused water, a nap in the sun, and a good work out. Here's one of my favorite sweat-detoxing routines: 10 minute interval run on the elliptical machine (warm up for 2 minutes, and then alternate between a 30 second sprint and a 60 second jog for 8 minutes). Follow this with 20 seconds of sumo squats/10 second rest and then 20 seconds of side plank crunches/10 second rest--repeat the sequence 3 more times for a total of 4 minutes. Do another 10 minute interval run and then the following set of moves 4 times for a total of 4 minutes--20 sec push-ups with alternating knees to elbows and then 20 sec tricep dips. Finally do another 10 minute interval run and finish off with 100 crunches and 100 russian twists for good measure. And now I feel human again.

No comments:

Post a Comment