Saturday, June 22, 2013

Randoms

When my friend Tana was in town a few weeks ago we had a little photo shoot. Did I mention she's a very talented photographer? And for the next 5 weeks she and her husband and son are making Amsterdam their home. Just because. Here's a small sampling of the pics she took:




Hans--dear friend and fellow poet who currently imprints the ground in Chicago--if you're reading this did you know there's a line you once wrote that I always replay in my mind when I think of you, and especially on these hot sticky Midwest days. It goes "the day's come on like broth."

I've never been to First Ave in Minneapolis, but that will change on Monday as I'm heading up to check out the Yeah Yeah Yeahs show with my buddy Tellier. An on my way back home I hope to stop in Mankato to see one of my best friends. I imagine Nate and I will cuddle up on his porch swing, talking and feeling big. And his lovely wife Nicole will plant a seed for me to write about. I love these people.

I have a book by Bill Holm, signed and addressed to me when I saw him give a reading once, titled "The Heart Can Be Filled Anywhere On Earth." It's one of the best titles I know of and it seems especially fitting as I sit here getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, thinking about people I love spread out across the globe--so many little dots of light as seen from an airplane window.

No comments:

Post a Comment